Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July! We are into the summertime crops at the market; lots of squash, corn, and tomoatoes. But we also have lettuce, peppers, eggplant, onions, potatoes, artichokes, and fresh cut flowers. Seafood is available every week as are treats from our talented bakers.
Paula Snyder will again we performing at the market- Paula is a singer/composer who plays both keyboard and guitar. “Soulfully nostalgic music with a modern flair.” Musical genres range from nostalgia & show tunes, to jazz & blues, folk & pop, soft & country rock, even child friendly songs. She is a recording artist and has performed at many venues in the Triangle area. Examples of her music can be heard at http://www.pcsnydermusic.com/
News from our vendors:
- Donna of Mind Your Beeswax/Go Green Totes is always in need of your extra plastic bags to create the totes. Bring your bags to her at the market on Saturday mornings.
- Queen Beads will be offering a beginning jewelry making class in July — stop by for details.
- This Saturday Motley Crops will have kale, swiss chard, herbs (basil, thai basil, mint), summer squash, mixed cooking greens, jalapeno and poblano peppers, local Cary honey, cut flowers, vermicompost (nature’s organic fertilizer!)
- Barbara will be bringing corn, okra, cucumbers, squash, cherry tomotoes, potatoes, and cabbage.
- Shore to Door Seafood will have shrimp, scallops, crabmeat (lump, claw, and cocktail claw), cobia, salmon, and mahi.
- SOy FINE Candles Co. will be having a Blow Out Sale. All candles will be on sale this weekend. In addition to changing some of our candle containers, we are in the process of redesigning our labels. We need to clear our inventory. Incredible savings.
Don’t forget our market is open on Tuesday from 3:00-6:00. Spahr Farms as well as a growing number of our other regular vendors will be out for your mid week shopping.
Share on Facebook