It is going to be a scorcher this weekend! Come early, we open at 8:00 — and we have ice cream! We also have a great variety of vegetables and fruits, wonderful bakery and talented crafters.
Check out the recipe for Classic Basil Pesto on the Recipes tab this week (http://caryfarmersmarket.com/brain-food/).
So take it slow in the heat, we will have a tent up for shade and you can take a break and listen to this weeks entertainment.
Orchid Quartet – The quartet consists of Max Molander (guitar, cello), Evan Alexander (banjo, mandolin, guitar), Daphne Vosberg (vocalist), and Laura Munoz (violin). Their style is rooted in folk music but they enjoy branching out into bluegrass, jazz, Latin, and other styles. All of the members live in Cary where Max, Daphne, and Laura are attending Cary High School and Evan is a recent graduate.
News from our vendors:
- Donna of Mind Your Beeswax/Go Green Totes is always in need of your extra plastic bags to create the totes. Bring your bags to her at the market on Saturday mornings.
- It’s the last saturday for Salem Gardens annual plant sale. Buy any perennial and get the second for 50% off. Annuals… buy one get one free! A great time to add perennials to your garden or add some annual color to an exsisting container. Michele will have in the perennial section, Summer Fiesta Agastache, Star Cluster Coreposis, Tickled Pink Dianthus, Red and Yellow Gaillardia, Miss Huff Lantana, Kassandra and Encore Heuchera, Various Sedums, Pink Verbena, May Night Salvia, Bright Eyes and Cherry Red Phlox, Ascot and Blue Haze Euphorbias and much more. Annuals will include Angelonia, Hip Hop Euphorbia, Scaevola(Fan Flower), Samantha Lantana, Red Dallas Lantana, Trailing Petunias, Sweet Potato Vine, Trailing Vinca, Geraniums, Trailing Impatiens, Begonias, Blue Daze, Coleus and much more. If you’re interested in any of these in large quantities email Michele and she’ll bring extra(firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Queen Beads will be offering a beginning jewelry making class in July — stop by for details.
- Open Door Farms will have the following at the market this weekend: summer squash, swiss chard, red and white potatoes, snap beans, fresh cut flowers, a few peppers and fresh herbs (basil, parsley, sage, orange mint and garlic chives).
- This Saturday Motley Crops will have kale, swiss chard, herbs (basil, thai basil, mint), summer squash, mixed cooking greens, jalapeno peppers, local Cary honey, cut flowers.
Sweet Temptations will have mini banana breads and pound cakes. I will also have spicy oatmeal, cranberries with white chocolate and oatmeal, caramel double fudge with hazelnut cookies, and sour plum pie for Saturday’s Market.
- Barbara will be bringing corn, okra, cucumbers, squash, cherry tomotoes, potatoes, and cabbage.
- Shore to Door Seafood will have shrimp, scallops, crabmeat (lump, claw, and cocktail claw), cobia, salmon, and mahi.
- Parker Family farms will have pork and beef this week — they will not be at the market on July 7 — so stock up!