We are happy to see all the new faces at the market and would to make sure that everyone knows the “rules” that the market vendors abide by. All produce and fruits are locally grown by the vendors. All vendors must live in North Carolina and within 100 miles of the market. There is no reselling allowed (or trucking in from other states). This assures that you are getting local produce, that has not lost nutrients in miles of transport. It also means you can talk to the grower — ask questions on how the products are grown and with what. We think this makes the market special and personnel — and we hope you do too.
What are the vendors bring this week?
- Peaches, plums, raspberries, blueberries,blackberries
- greens, corn,tomatoes, potatoes, beets, cabbage, eggplant, celery, squash, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower,cucumbers, carrots, and herbs.
Add to that flowers,honey, fresh chicken, pork, beef and seafood (fresh from the coast).
Calling all kids — young and old!
Lynne Fischer will be at the market this week –she will bring face painting ,animal ballons, and a special kids activity to promote the Cary Creative Center.
News from the vendors this week:
- Donna of Mind Your Beeswax/Go Green Totes is always in need of your extra plastic bags to create the totes. Bring your bags to her at the market on Saturday mornings.
- SOy FINE Candle Co. -
If you love soy candles you will love this sale. SOy FINE Candle company is changing some of our packaging. All discontinued candle containers must go. Enjoy a soy candle at a great discount. All of our candles are 100% soy wax and our fragrances are Phthalate free.
- Parker Farm and Vineyard will be at market this week with beets, cabbage, fresh herbs, cut flowers, squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, celery, potatoes and goats milk soap!
- Parker Family Farms will have fresh chicken along with their pork and beef.
- Sweet Temptations will offer mini fresh peach pies this week along with zucchini fig bread, and spicy oatmeal raisins cookies.
- Shore to Door Seafood will be bringing lump crabmeat, sea scallops, shrimp, mahi, grouper, salmon, yellowfin tuna, and alligator meat.
- It’s that time of year…Salem Gardens will be having their annual buy one get one 50% off sale. Buy any annual or perennial and get another one 50% off. A great time to add perennials to your garden or add some annual color to an exsisting container. Michele will have in the perennial section, Summer Fiesta Agastache, Star Cluster Coreposis, Tickled Pink Dianthus, Red and Yellow Gaillardia, Miss Huff Lantana, Kassandra and Encore Heuchera, Various Sedums, Pink Verbena, May Night Salvia, Bright Eyes and Cherry Red Phlox, Ascot and Blue Haze Euphorbias and much more. Annuals will include Angelonia, Hip Hop Euphorbia, Scaevola(Fan Flower), Samantha Lantana, Red Dallas Lantana, Trailing Petunias, Sweet Potato Vine, Trailing Vinca, Geraniums, Trailing Impatiens, Begonias, Blue Daze, Coleus and much more. If you’re interested in any of these in large quantities email Michele and she’ll bring extra(firstname.lastname@example.org).
Motley Crops will have kale, swiss chard, herbs (dill, basil, thai basil, parsley), summer squash, spicy mixed cooking greens, local Cary honey, cut flowers.
Brenda Taylor and Young Leem are the potters who will be out at the market in the Cary Clay Coop space this weekend.
Barbara will have raspberries, blackberries, corn and other goodies.
Don’t forget our market is open on Tuesday from 3:00-6:00. Spahr Farms as well as a few of our other regular vendors will be out for your mid week shopping. Look for Uta’s German Cookies, Elerbee Peaches and Salem Gardens. This Tuesday Bordeau Studio will be joining them and bringing my Medieval Manuscript Initial Pendants and other decorative accessories. Currin Farms will also be out this Tuesday for those of you looking for corn!
Share on Facebook