If the weather forcast is right it should be a warm sunny day on Saturday. We will welcome three new produce vendors – Motley Crops – with a motley assortment of goodies, all grown within the town of Cary. And Barbara Hughes- fresh fruit & vegetables from her farm in Harnett County, and Better Be Elerbe – peaches and plums, YUM. Stop by to welcome them!
We also welcome back Paula Snyder for our entertainment this week. Paula is a singer/composer who plays both keyboard and guitar. “Soulfully nostalgic music with a modern flair.” Musical genres range from nostalgia & show tunes, to jazz & blues, folk & pop, soft & country rock, even child friendly songs. She is a recording artist and has performed at many venues in the Triangle area. Examples of her music can be heard at www.pcsnydermusic.com.
There is lots of news from our vendors:
- Better Be Elerbe will have peaches and plums to sell. The peaches are Dixired, which is a yellow cling stone variety. The plums are Ellerbe Pinks, which are small, red plums, and Santa Rosa, which are a large, purple variety.
- Motley Crops is just how it sounds, you never know what you might find! Always the staples like salad greens and vegetables, but also edible flowers, figs, fruits, honey, mushrooms, herbs or vegetable starts. Or tell me what you would like to see! A motley assortment of goodies for everyone, all grown within the town of Cary.
- Barbara will have new potatoes, string beans, cucumbers, squash and cabbage.
- Open Door Farms will have Basil,Beets (Red and Golden),Broccoli,Carrots,Cauliflower,Cucumbers,Kale,Potatoes (Red and White),Swiss Chard,Squash,Zucchini, and Fresh Herbs. See the recipe tab for a great idea for those potatoes.
- Parker Family Farms will have free range chickens (soy free), beef and pork.
Sunny Hill Farm will have Japanese Maples, Blue Berry Plants, Garlic, Kale and Swiss Chard.
Parker Farm and Vineyard will be at market this Saturday with squash, zucchini, cucumbers, carrots, beets, artichokes, celery, cabbage, fresh herbs, goat’s milk soap and cut flowers.
Bordeaux Lane Studio will be bringing some French-inspired plaques and canvases.
Melissa’s Mutt Munchies will be bringing bacon, peanut butter and cheese all natural biscuits for man’s best friend.
- Donna of Mind Your Beeswax/Go Green Totes is always in need of your extra plastic bags to create the totes. Bring your bags to her at the market on Saturday mornings.
- Queenbeads will have anklets for you summer wardwrobe, as well as a few new pieces designed from her latest bead show puchases.
- Salem Gardens will be bringing:
- Begonias flats(10)2″ pots $10.00
Trailing petunia $3.00 ea
Coleus(Variety) 2 for $3.00
Portulaca(yellow & hot pink) $3.00 ea
Scaevola”Fan Flower” $4.00 ea
Blue Daze $4.00 ea
Euphorbia $5.00 ea
Dallas Red and Samantha Lantana $4.00 ea
- Perennials:$7.00 each
- Tickled Pink Dianthus(fragrant)
Gaillardia(Arizona Apricot & Gallo Red)
Phlox(Bright Eyes Pink)
Agastache Summer Fiesta
Star Cluster Coreopsis(White Bloom)
Michele will be hosting an open house at her nursery and gift shop all weekend. Check out her website – http://www.salemgardensapex.com/ – you will find several of your favorite market crafters there as well.
Share on Facebook